Pre-Care Instructions for Permanent Makeup
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen or fish oil for 24 hours before procedure.
- Discontine Glycolics, Chemical peels and RetinA 2 weeks prior to procedure.
- Refrain from use of any alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area for 2 weeks, do not use any moisturizers that contain any acid products near the eyebrow area.
- No brow waxing, or tinting one week before. This will ensure that there is no skin irritation. Also, any large open hair follicles can absorb pigment.
Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure or use high SPF around eyebrow area
- If you use Botox, it should be performed either 4 weeks prior or 2 weeks after to your scheduled procedure.
- If you have oily skin, your results Will appear softer and may require hair stroke technique with machine vs microblading.
- Dark skin types please note that your permanent makeup will not appear as bold as lighter skin types.
- Come to your appointment with your eyebrows penciled the way you like them (optional) & bring your eyebrow pencil with you.
- If using eyelash growth serum (Latisse) or there like on your eyebrows or eyelashes, you must discontinue use 2 weeks prior and may restart 2 weeks after procedure.
- If you have moles, bumps, skin tags etc. in the direct area of the eyebrow or lash line, for health reasons I cannot color over these places. They will not hold color, and may need an assessment from a dermatologist.
- If you have any medical condition with yore’s that require a doctor’s monitoring, for example glaucoma that requires prescription eye drops you must have a written permission to have eyeliner procedure.